Loving to see that midi length are coming back in full speed. From TopShop to Carven these are on my Midi list for spring. Buy now and love them later.
Attention Ladies, Fashionistas, Shopaholics, Movers, and Shakers,
I am here to tell all of you that the statement color I am seeing and wearing all over the place is RED. You can wear red any day, anytime, and any occasion. I picked out some of my fave pieces in the Red family that will have you looking on point every minute of everyday. Fall is the perfect time to wear such a statement color. Even if you think you can’t pull red off. I know you can still get yourself a fierce accessory. A handbag or a pair of shoes will keep you on point this season. No excuses not to be wearing this seasons HOTTEST hue.
Even my homegirl on my wall at the office is rocking her Red floral dress. She could stand to use some pigmentation in her skin or even a lil hair color. I really can’t judge because she is bringing it everyday to the office…
Boots are my absolute fave. thing to buy for Fall. That’s why I’m excited to go on “le tour de web” and pick out my must haves this season.
The biggest trends still going strong this season are embellishments, motorcycle, ankle, and knee. Now is the time to invest in your ED (everyday) boot for Fall. And why not treat yourself to one that will make you feel amazing every time you slip it on.
Here is a sample platter of what you will be seeing me rock this year.
1.Balenciaga is killing it with these tough luxe downtown cool cutout boots. Matchesfashion.com
2.Vince Camuto makes some pretty rad motorcycle boots for a decent price. Amazon.com
3.I can go crazy over MiuMiu sometimes. That small metal toe detail in the front, Drives me bananas. Net-A-Porter.com
4. So much love for Isabel Marant. These may be over the top. But pair these with the right outfit, and you will be a stunner for sure. Matchesfashion.com
5. Simple EDs (every-days) by Acne that will give you the ultra chic-ness to your wardrobe. mytheresa.com
6. I will admit Steve Madden nailed it with these shit-kicken bandit boots. Amazon.com
7. I have been craving bows for Fall and who else would I turn to then Valentino to have the perfect mullet boot around. You know, business in the front. Bow Party in the back. these babies also come with a heel as well. Nordstrom.com
8. the perfect boot for any occasion this season. sleek yet simple. For under $270, you can add these to your closet and not have that buyers remorse I always hear women talking about. Nordstrom.com
9. LOVE these neutral ankle boots by Sam Edelman. With it having a stacked thick heel, you will gain the height while you have the comfort. Amazon.com
10. Investment of the season. As you all may know, I am a sucker for beige. That is why these Mulberry’s will be my splurge of the season. Mulberry.com
11. who doesn’t want a little fringe in their life? These will add some fun to your outfit without looking all crazy. and with them being under $200, I am sure we can manage these in our Fall budget. Amazon.com
12. Last but not least me newest lover. Rag and Bone classic Harrow bootie in the black suede with contrasting brown strap leaves me breathless every time I just glance at these babies. Bergdorfgoodman.com
I hope I have helped you come closer to finding your boots for Fall. I know I just made it that more difficult for myself as I debate which ones exactly I need to get and want to get.
As you know, if any of you need styling advice as to what you can wear with these boots. I am only an email away. You tell me what you boot you are thinking about and I will gives you looks you can pull off. Casey@caseyexplainsitall.com
TGIF and what is the best way to end the week…Falling in love with something new. This week I could not help but Fall In Love with a designer duo who has been all the rage in the fashion industry the past few season. May I introduce Proenza Schouler…
The fabulous design team of Lazaro Hernandez and Jack McCollough are making waves and breaking fashion boundies. Hernandez and McCollough met in design school, then partnered on their graduation project. This modern luxury label offers an edgy, youthful take on upscale dressing. Initially popular for its modern interpretation of bustiers and corsetry, the line features tailored coats in menswear pattern prints, color-blocking, and their number one accessory (My next big Purchase the PS1 handbag)
My favorite looks from Spring 2011:
As you can see, These boys are not afraid of color texture or playing with shape.
Sneeeek Peeeeeek of Fall 2011/12
For Fall they had fun with mix and matching texctures, patterns and porportion.
My Next Bag purchase:
This dynamic duo is killing it on the run way and I for one am proud to Fall In Love with them and their kick ass label. Thanks boys, keep up the good work.
My new color for the Fall season is lilac. I am not talking about the actual flower. I am refering to that rich violet that looks fabulous in any light and holds it’s own next to other power colors like blue, red and black.
Lilic is a color that is a pale shade of violet. It might also be described as light purple. The actual color of the flower of some Lilac flowers is a much deeper color, equivalent to the color shown below as deep lilac.
I bought a sweater from Zara that I have been wearing with everything. I wear it over dresses with a high waist belt. I also leave it open with a fun shirt under and pair it with my boyfriend jeans.
Accessorizing is also a huge trend this season. Louis Vuitton did a great job showing off lilac as fun accents with clothes for Fall. Pair a funky Necklace with your black suit for the office or snazz up that simple black dress in your closet for a night out.
Whatever you have to do to get this color in your closet this season…DO IT!
If you have questions or want me to take you shopping for your Fall wardrobe, Shoot me an e-mail and we can schedule a consultaion and get you feeling great about getting dressed. email@example.com
Who knows where these rules come from to begin with. No white pants or shoes after labor day, mixing patterns or clashing colors is a no no, You cant wear denim on denim….Well.. maybe you should not put denims together quit yet. you should keep following and not wear head to toe denim but this season I am going to tell you three rules that you have to break and be fabulous. Trust me I am already breaking these rules and I am feeling liberated and looking fresh.
1. SILVER AND GOLD: I remember the day when if you were wearing gold earrings it had to be matched with gold bracelet , necklace, handbag. Not anymore. Mix it up and don’t be afraid wear your sterling silver watch with gold bangles. Designers like John Hardy and Kathy Kamie are mixing silver and gold in all their pieces to make it easier to match. Even if it’s not mixed on single pieces like the designers get in your jewelry box and start mixing it all together.
2.BLACK AND BLUE: I remember when I was younger my mother said I looked like a bruise when I tried to wear black and blue together in a single outfit. This Fall you see it everywhere. I just bought a pair of shoes by L’Autre Chose that are black with a blue ribbon on the front. I can wear them with Jeans and black shirt. I also bought these blue suede sandals by Tibi and wore them the other night with black skinny jeans and a nave blue sweater. I am so relieved that I can rock black and blue together. It looks chic and so darling. If you feel weird about it…Don’t… I say… Just do it!!!Trust me….Black and Blue will work for you!
3. OPEN TOE WITH TIGHTS: One of my oldest pet peeves is when I see ladies with the seam of their tights poking through their open toe shoes . As long as you place the seam under your foot I think wearing your opaque tights with your sassy peep toes are all good. It makes that shoe more wearable as you enter into Fall.